-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
3...For a more permanent fix, consider giving up on some complexity: a. add no3d to /mnt-system/boot/syslog/syslog.cfg to disable Compiz. b. uncheck the lxpanel hiding option.
Thanks, perfect timing on posting that. I just now decided to search for how to disable Compiz, since I find it incredibly annoying.
Is it possible to add this option somewhere in the boot defaults so that I don't have to enter it manually? I vaguely remember, back around Knoppix 3.7, that I could just edit the ISO (obviously before burning it) with a hex editor to change some of the boot defaults. One of the non-compressed boot files had the default options in it somewhere, with a huge block of "##############" (commented shell script) that could be overtyped or deleted to provide padding for people who wanted to change them, without having to go through the full remastering process.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00