-
Senior Member
registered user
The original intent of this thread was to record my efforts
to cope with occasional X-crashes when using Knoppix 6.4.4.
I originally suspected LXDE, PCManFM, and Compiz as the
most likely culprits. I now believe those suspicions were
misplaced.
Prior to my Knoppix 6.4.4 experience, I'd used OpenOffice
virtually daily for years with no problems. Recently, I can
say I've used Knoppix 6.4.4 virtually daily for months.
I now have the strong feeling that any current video
problems I am having are best described as LibreOffice-related.
These problems seem to be described by others as crash-on save
or crash-on-close, are common to both LibreOffice and
OpenOffice, and for both spread-sheets and word processors.
In my cases, some prior cut-and-paste machinations usually
precede an 'outage'.
Bug reports I've seen don't give me any comfort that 'the
developers' have any ideas on what the problem might be.
I haven't even seen any work-arounds that I can recall.
In my case, control-alt-backspace returns my control, and
I don't think I've lost any data because of this nuisance.
Here's a complaint that seems typical enough:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=614182
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Micron 6x64GB(384GB)DDR4 ECC Registered LRDIMM PC4-2400T 288-Pin MTA72ASS8G72LZ
$1600.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50