-
How to get Firewire on Knoppix 6.4.4 Live DVD
I am a real newbie here and I'm trying to capture video from my camcorders. I tried in Windows but that proved futile. I'm now trying to use a liveDVD and see if this will work. If it does then I can spend some energy repartitioning the hard drives and install a permanent solution. Anyway, I'm trying to get Kino to run and it's not seeing any 1394 devices. So I looked at the Kino page and they have instructions that say just: insmod ieee1394 insmod ohci1394 insmod raw1394 ...and it will work. Well I keep getting errors when I try that. I su root, then try the ismods and I get: "can't read : No such file or directory What am I supposed to type? I've been working on Windows systems for years and I've very little experience with Linux. Thanks in advance for the help. Tom P.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core Ultra 9 CPU 285K 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) up to 5.7 Ghz
$475.00

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

Intel Core i7-8700K 8th Gen 6-Core 3.70GHz LGA1151 CPU SR3QR
$55.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core [email protected] GHz SRMBM Socket FCLGA1700 Processor
$159.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99