-
How to get Firewire on Knoppix 6.4.4 Live DVD
I am a real newbie here and I'm trying to capture video from my camcorders. I tried in Windows but that proved futile. I'm now trying to use a liveDVD and see if this will work. If it does then I can spend some energy repartitioning the hard drives and install a permanent solution. Anyway, I'm trying to get Kino to run and it's not seeing any 1394 devices. So I looked at the Kino page and they have instructions that say just: insmod ieee1394 insmod ohci1394 insmod raw1394 ...and it will work. Well I keep getting errors when I try that. I su root, then try the ismods and I get: "can't read : No such file or directory What am I supposed to type? I've been working on Windows systems for years and I've very little experience with Linux. Thanks in advance for the help. Tom P.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$159.99

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) RAM DDR4 3000MHz CMK32GX4M4C3000C15
$139.99

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 - CMW16GX4M2Z3600C14
$180.00