-
How to get Firewire on Knoppix 6.4.4 Live DVD
I am a real newbie here and I'm trying to capture video from my camcorders. I tried in Windows but that proved futile. I'm now trying to use a liveDVD and see if this will work. If it does then I can spend some energy repartitioning the hard drives and install a permanent solution. Anyway, I'm trying to get Kino to run and it's not seeing any 1394 devices. So I looked at the Kino page and they have instructions that say just: insmod ieee1394 insmod ohci1394 insmod raw1394 ...and it will work. Well I keep getting errors when I try that. I su root, then try the ismods and I get: "can't read : No such file or directory What am I supposed to type? I've been working on Windows systems for years and I've very little experience with Linux. Thanks in advance for the help. Tom P.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage PC Accessories Floppy Disk Storage Case/Red
$27.00

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage 1986 Microsoft Mouse COMPLETE Software & Manual Suite 7 Disks 3 Manuals
$99.99

Microbotics Starboard 2MB Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer w Box READ
$299.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel DX4 100MHz 486 Motherboard SBC CPU Board ALi Chipset Retro PC
$119.99

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working
$55.55