-
Netgear WN111 v2 doesn't work, but kernel should support it
Hello,
I'm trying to get my Netgear WN111 V2 to work with knoppix. The same card will work on the same box when booted with lucid puppy or WattOS R3.
These 2 distributions seem to have the driver built-in. It doesn't appear to be using ndiswrapper. How would I test if I'm using ndiswrapper? Puppy and wattOS just "plug-and-played" it.
According to: http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_h...php?hostif=USB :
Driver included in mainline kernel as of 2.6.30-rc1. Firmware is required, see http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ar9170
I'm using knoppix 6.4 which appears to be using the 2.6.37 kernel. Any idea why it's working with some linux distributions, and not others?
Thanks,
Charlie
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options
$259.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01
$122.40