View Poll Results: Should the LinuxTag DVD be made into a regular download for us?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (I'm all for Free software)

    19 54.29%
  • No

    3 8.57%
  • Charge $10 for it on Cheapbytes and rev every 3 months!! I'll buy it!!!

    13 37.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Vote on the Knoppix DVD project...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Vote on the Knoppix DVD project...

    --After the results of this poll are in (2 week limit on votes) I'll email Klaus with the results. I think this DVD project should be made available to *us*, the regular Knoppix users.

    --Actually, BitTorrent should be ideal for this; just thought of that.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sibiu, Romania
    Posts
    6
    But, can't you just burn the regular ISO on a DVD ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeze Styler
    But, can't you just burn the regular ISO on a DVD ?
    Yes, I think so. Maybe it's even a little faster than booting from CD.

    But well, the whole thing about the upcomming DVD release is that they can finaly put about all requested software on the CD^W^WDVD. It's just that Klaus Knopper doesn't feel like maintaining it, just a stunt so to say.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118
    I am all for the DVD being made available to everyone who wants its, be it via DL of ISO on ftp, bittorrent or what have you.

    I am ALSO for the DVD being made available via a Linux CD distributor(s) for those, like me, with out DVD burners, or a desire to DL ISO's, also me.

    Also you should elaborate in the poll question as to what the "free" in the free software means. I doubt it matches MY definition of the term versus Mr. Knoppers and the intended definition here.

    See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...393&highlight= for free v free.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Do we vote here? I'm all for gnucash being put on...that is if enough gnome makes it on there to make gnucash a possibility.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --It's on there. Check the package list at my Yahoo briefcase:

    http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/1554...P7T7.Aq0LUGp.0

    --If you can't get to it, email me and I'll mail you the file as an attachment. In addition, if anyone can recommend a good free file-sharing service (yahoo seems to have clamped down on file sharing unless you pay them) let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Do we vote here? I'm all for gnucash being put on...that is if enough gnome makes it on there to make gnucash a possibility.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I'll pay for it-I don't have a DVD burner either.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wis USA
    Posts
    2
    i would pay also - but like most no dvd burner but after using knoppix for only a short time i do have to say it ROCKS !

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I'll pony up the bux for a DVD as I don't believe in a free lunch at someone else's expense and I don't have a DVD burner but I do have a DVD drive.

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    79
    I would pay also, and yes I don't have a DVD burner.

    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vote for Konqueror improvement!
    By WedDa in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
  2. Knoppix Live CD is a OPEN SOURCE Project???
    By xinfo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:23 PM
  3. Knoppix and Gmail FS - Started the project.
    By SikNik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 02:24 PM
  4. Knoppix project help....
    By ceejay187 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:14 PM
  5. Project: bundle Bootable knoppix CD with my Band's Music CD.
    By patrickvogel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$400.00



Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(8x64) 8x15TB NVME 10GbE Rails picture

Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(8x64) 8x15TB NVME 10GbE Rails

$61452.99



Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(16x32) 8x3.84TB NVME 100GbE Rails picture

Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(16x32) 8x3.84TB NVME 100GbE Rails

$36371.99



Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(8x64) 8x3.84TB NVME 10GbE Rails picture

Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2x 6505P 12 Core 512GB(8x64) 8x3.84TB NVME 10GbE Rails

$40852.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00