Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Changing from default env - LANG=de_DE@euro and LANGUAGE=de

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    If you want an easy to install debian based system check out Libranet.

    It seems that the 3.2 knoppix releases have the most language problems, I think my best hd install was maybe the 01-01 version, or maybe even prior to that.

    rock

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    4
    I've tried the fix to /etc/sysconfig/i18n to change to uk english (with en_GB) but I also seem to get the same format. The terminal windows are fine but I'm a startx fan so I like to have things working before that. I have noticed that my £ key remaps to # - does anyone know if this means I AM in english but knoppix thinks I want US keymapping?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    To change the keyboard you just change

    /etc/init.d/keymap.sh

    as root, edit the line:

    loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz (or whatever)

    (to the keymap you want -- uk.keymap.gz -- for example)

    and run

    /etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    4
    thanks fingers99, you're a star! that was the final think I needed to get it working. I did have to do the changing "de_DE" to "en_GB" as well but I was really stuck on that keyboard mapping thing - I was just fixated on it being a language issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
  2. changing the default language
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
  4. Changing the Default Language in a non-eng knoppix distro!!
    By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 03:00 AM
  5. Changing default language
    By srinivasan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW picture

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW

$450.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99