-
Senior Member
registered user
Changing from default env - LANG=de_DE@euro and LANGUAGE=de
Hello so far I'm really impressed with my knoppix hdd install. Way cool!
The only real gripe left with my system was the partial english/partial german problems with man pages and some console apps.
This fix will not fix KDE, OpenOffice, etc.
So I did some searching and found where the language variables are set, now I have my system running in english as I want it to.
The fix is easy as root edit (or if necessary make) the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file and use your country's info, here is my US-english file:
LANG="en_US"
COUNTRY="US"
LANG="en_US"
LANGUAGE="en"
CHARSET="iso8859-1"
XMODIFIERS=""
Thanks goes out to everyone here that is helping out with this great distro! I was thinking (dreaming) about Mandrake 9.0 because it is gcc 3.2 compiled, but I have something much better now, I have a "debian on the edge system" that ROCKS! Knoppix rules!
L8r,
rock
Similar Threads
-
By marat in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By sharlila in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By mchester in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 03:00 AM
-
By srinivasan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00