-
Senior Member
registered user
If you want an easy to install debian based system check out Libranet.
It seems that the 3.2 knoppix releases have the most language problems, I think my best hd install was maybe the 01-01 version, or maybe even prior to that.
rock
-
I've tried the fix to /etc/sysconfig/i18n to change to uk english (with en_GB) but I also seem to get the same format. The terminal windows are fine but I'm a startx fan so I like to have things working before that. I have noticed that my £ key remaps to # - does anyone know if this means I AM in english but knoppix thinks I want US keymapping?
-
Senior Member
registered user
To change the keyboard you just change
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh
as root, edit the line:
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz (or whatever)
(to the keymap you want -- uk.keymap.gz -- for example)
and run
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload
-
thanks fingers99, you're a star!
that was the final think I needed to get it working. I did have to do the changing "de_DE" to "en_GB" as well but I was really stuck on that keyboard mapping thing - I was just fixated on it being a language issue.
Similar Threads
-
By marat in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By sharlila in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By mchester in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 03:00 AM
-
By srinivasan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99