-
PXE booting knoppix 6.4.4 no cloop module...
Hello -
The 6.4.4 image that I downloaded from ftp.kernel.org does not contain the cloop.ko and aufs.ko modules that are required to be able to pxe boot. Copying in the modules from a previous version seems to work fine, but is there a reason these are left out of the iso?
Thanks.
-MichaelC
-
Hi mdcoffman and welcome to the Knoppix forums.
This is a curious one. You are not going to believe me but never mind.
The cloop.ko and aufs.ko are built into the kernel so while you won't find them they are there.
I've had Knoppix 6.4.4. PXE boot work (to my astonishment). It worked first time and all I did was start the Knoppix terminal server. I did not have to copy modules from anywhere to anywhere else.
Linux kernel modules are complied to run with a particular kernel. Modules from a 'previous' version of Knoppix just will not load into a different 'newer' version. It's a sanity thing.
Somewhere I think you have become confused.
See, I told you you wouldn't believe me.
-
You're correct, I became confused. I had used the miniroot and the linux kernel on the CD and not the ones that get created on a system running Knoppix when the terminal server is started. I booted from a CD, started the terminal server, then copied the goodies out of /tftpboot and it works now. Thanks for taking the time reply to my question.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99