-
KDM
Thanks Forester for taking the time to explain clearly the various relationships. I know Knoppix has no login. But for some reason the German forum seemed to indicate otherwise. It was a loose comment, so I am just building my beginners database of Linux knowledge. I have tried other full installations, including Debian. However, my system seems to respond very poorly to the extended Fat file system,which many other distros use. Reiser is running like a charm. I like LXDE because I am now familiar with it. Basically, like I said - I am trying to build my knowledge base. I do intend to go full, something - I am not sure yet what it will be. I will never be satisifed with any other FS performance having used Knoppix. Quite the conumdrum. Maybe my AMD processor has something to do with this. Thanks again for taking the time to map it all for me. This should be useful to many other beginners.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Panasonic CF-20 Core M5-6Y57 8GB RAM 256GB, SSD,WIN 11,
$225.00