Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: KDM

Threaded View

  1. #7
    I do not really understand your tone. I am set! I did not install a desktop, thusly - everything had to done from command line (learn it?).

    I am Debian GNU/Linux 6.0; using Linux image 2.6.32.5; LXDE Lightweight XII.

    My system is fully functional, but only with the applications of my choosing. Gparted tells me that I am in fact running on ReiserFS, utilizing the same swap space established by Knoppix. And, I am using 1.91GB, as opposed to Knoppix 8.19GB. cat /proc/cpuinfo and meminfo tells me that I am running at 1.625GHZ, with full memory 1.25.

    I no longer have video acceleration problems (I can go full screen). I no longer have clock problems. And, as you can tell - I no longer have an editor problem.

    You guys take care. I am moving over to Linux Forums.

    Knoppix was great. I still have it. However, I edited grub/menu.lst to hide it. Now if you power my system on, you must login to windows or debian.

    After careful examination (20+ years as a end-user), my instincts tell me that Knoppix has a problem with AMD. And, as you all recommend - it is not intended for HD install. I used it to learn command line, by trying to fix all my problems. It taught me what I needed to know to choose the right distro for my system. I have loaded and tried at least 6 or 7 different distros.

    bf24 (my bad - surely) is a boot cheat code that would once invoke a different kernal. It seems that later releases are more than likely beyond that kernal. Fortunately, my Debian CD is from 9/2010.

    Take care.
    Last edited by BoDiddley; 04-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00