-
Simple question, how do I switch virtual desktops
Hello, I'm running Knoppix 6.4.4 LXDE and I see that you can send apps to other virtual desktops, but I can't figure out how I switch desktops? For what it's worth, when I ran this live disk on my wife's much newer faster laptop, there were some special gee-whiz effects that I'm not seeing on my crummy old desktop. -Eric
-
Hello, Perhaps I should have posted this question in a different forum, it's not necessarily related to coming from Windows. It appears that CompizConfig is what provides this functionality and those effects I saw on my wife's computer. I'm not sure why I'm not seeing that same type of thing on my computer, although I'm sure my graphics card's not nearly as good as hers. Anyway you can go to CompizConfig Settings Manager to configure this type of thing. There are several ways to switch desktops. I seem to recall on my wife's laptop moving the mouse pointer would do that kind of thing. I don't see it on my computer, what DOES WORK though is Ctrl+Alt+ Left or Right arrow key. -Charlie
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Charlie Foxtrot
what DOES WORK though is Ctrl+Alt+ Left or Right arrow key. -Charlie
I could do that too. In addition I could do it by using mouse scroll button and synaptic scroll bar, as long as I move the mouse pointer to the free desktop space away from the opened windows.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50