How to remove the Blackdown Java from Knoppix?
I want to use the one from javasoft.
How to remove the Blackdown Java from Knoppix?
I want to use the one from javasoft.
look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
Can I do something like apt-get remove......
Therefore it should be jre1.1 on my system if the same on your system then apt-get remove jre1.1.Code:HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache search jre docbook-xml-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl-stylesheets - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. docbook-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. libtomcat4-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries tomcat4 - Java Servlet 2.3 engine with JSP 1.2 support jre1.1 - Blackdown Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE1.1) HappyTux:/home/stephen# dpkg -l jre1.1 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description +++-==============-==============-============================================ un jre1.1 <none> (no description available) HappyTux:/home/stephen#
But apt-get remove would also remove the links debian created in /etc/alternatives and you are all on your own to recreate those if you go javasoft.
Actually I've been using the javasoft version and it works great.
Have to ensure that PATH is set correctly.
How can I setup javasoft's version, especially the plugin part. I can run it as standalone but failed if work it as plugin both from Konqueror and Mozilla.
I did not manage to remove jre1.1. When I tried to apt-get remove jre1.1, it said package not found. I am using Knoppix 3.2.
To link jre to mozilla, create a symlink to lavaplugin_oji.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6 16GB DDR4-2666 RDIMM PC4-21300V-R Dual Rank X8 Module
$99.00
Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99
16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99
6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95
32GB Kit 4X 8GB DELL PRECISION WORKSTATION T5500 T5600 T7500 T7600 Memory Ram
$44.99