look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
How to remove the Blackdown Java from Knoppix?
I want to use the one from javasoft.
look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
Can I do something like apt-get remove......
Therefore it should be jre1.1 on my system if the same on your system then apt-get remove jre1.1.Code:HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache search jre docbook-xml-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl-stylesheets - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. docbook-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. libtomcat4-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries tomcat4 - Java Servlet 2.3 engine with JSP 1.2 support jre1.1 - Blackdown Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE1.1) HappyTux:/home/stephen# dpkg -l jre1.1 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description +++-==============-==============-============================================ un jre1.1 <none> (no description available) HappyTux:/home/stephen#
But apt-get remove would also remove the links debian created in /etc/alternatives and you are all on your own to recreate those if you go javasoft.
Actually I've been using the javasoft version and it works great.
Have to ensure that PATH is set correctly.
How can I setup javasoft's version, especially the plugin part. I can run it as standalone but failed if work it as plugin both from Konqueror and Mozilla.
I did not manage to remove jre1.1. When I tried to apt-get remove jre1.1, it said package not found. I am using Knoppix 3.2.
To link jre to mozilla, create a symlink to lavaplugin_oji.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield
$60.00
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00