-
Hi utu,

Originally Posted by
utu
but instead I think you should consult your Synaptic.
What if I have no network connection?

Originally Posted by
utu
I'm running 6.4.4, but I'd be surprised to hear that
6.4.3 doesn't allow you to get both joe and gdisk;
6.4.4 sure does. Or maybe you need to open up a few
more repos.
Hmm... This makes me wonder about whether I have the wrong idea about Knoppix and the way I use it altogether: As a BIG chest of tools that are just there, out of the box and don't need to be downloaded from somewhere.

Originally Posted by
utu
Have you tried Synaptic? If so, what problems are you
having? Let's hear more from you.
No, I haven't tried synaptic. Since the persistence feature is not properly working right now (at least I could not find out how to make it work) and fiddling with partitions usually involves several reboots within a short time, I would have needed to do the installation of these tools over and over within said short time.
Instead, I used 'grml'. A nice distribution, more aimed for admin jobs, contains everything I needed out of the box (joe, gdisk, gparted) and has a working persistence feature (using the Debian Live system, by the way - wouldn't that be an option for Knoppix, too, assuming that the previously existing persistence feature would need some major effort for making it work again anyway?)
You see, I already have a solution. But why should Knoppix stay behind?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB SSD 3D NAND 2.5'' SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$190.00