Cool. I tried that one. Question: Is it still installing to an extended filesystem (IE. EXT)?
PCLinuxOS-LXDE includes (at least the makings of ) an up-and-coming LiveUSB
that I think is worth watching.
Similar in may ways to Knoppix 6 with LXDE and persistence,
at least potentially.
http://www.pclinuxos.com/
Isos are available on a high bandwidth provider; see
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=06411
The distro is in active development; PCLinuxOS 10.12 is 'the latest', I think.
It has an active forum in which the pricipal developer interacts with users.
The forum has an LXDE discussion group and a remastering group.
The distro treats Broadcom wifi very handily, and gets on-line much faster
than Knoppix with Network Manager does.
It uses sqfs to compact filesystems.
On the other hand there is a lot of grubbing taking place; lots of multi-
booting fans, and no MBR is safe in their company.
At present, I've not broken the magic seal of persistence, but 'I'm on it'.
That aspect is abysmally different than we're used to with Knoppix.
Last edited by utu; 04-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Cool. I tried that one. Question: Is it still installing to an extended filesystem (IE. EXT)?
I've made a nice LiveCD on Fat32. Works very nicely, but no persistence of course.
I think it's likely the LiveUSB may have to be on ext2 or ext3.
A GUI for making the LiveUSB is apparently in preparation right now.
I probably should have said I have emulated a LiveCD
on a USB formatted with fat32. My Bad.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00