-

Originally Posted by
jacksbutler
Hi and thanks for the reply. I am using Knoppix hd install English. I have to use the konsole and do sudo and then time-admin to reset and also have to reset the keyboard to UK. Every time I log out or reboot I have to reset both. I am in UK. Thanks a lot.
When you say "Knoppix hd install", are you talking about using the program link of that name on the Preferences menu? That "install" produces a system that is chroot'd, and really not a very good general use system (it's for re-mastering to make your own version of Knoppix, mostly.) This install produces unpredictable results in ordinary use.
I recommend using the Flash install routine instead - it'll work with your HD, but it requires a FAT32 filesystem on partition 1, so you'll probably want to re-partition using the CD copy of GParted (again on the Preferences menu.) After booting it from this "install", you'll be prompted to create a "permanent store", which will allow operation as if it were a conventional Debian system installed to HD.
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99