-
Junior Member
registered user
Some apps (moz,konq...) die randomly
Hi, I have a strange problem with some apps just dying at seemingly random points. Mozilla and Konqueror are the two I remember doing it, maybe some other apps I'm not sure. Usually what happens is that I will click a link on a web page, the CD will start spinning up, and then the whole app disappears almost instantly. I then have to restart it, and the history, prefs, are gone. This will happen at least a few times an hour, way too much. It doesn't seem to have a definite pattern, although sometimes I discover a link that will crash whenever I click it (the Kylix OE thread here did that in Moz). Oh, and it's happened with earlier versions of Knoppix as well. Any ideas?
Dell Inspion 4000
Knoppix 2003-06-06EN
256MB ram
Celeron 800
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By Zalminen in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 11:21 AM
-
By Killerah in forum Laptops
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 05:32 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:31 PM
-
By Rockstar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95

Lot of 12 Genuine IBM 1299790 Quietwriter Non-Correcting Ribbons Indelible NOS
$129.99