look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
How to remove the Blackdown Java from Knoppix?
I want to use the one from javasoft.
look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
Can I do something like apt-get remove......
Therefore it should be jre1.1 on my system if the same on your system then apt-get remove jre1.1.Code:HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache search jre docbook-xml-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl-stylesheets - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. docbook-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. libtomcat4-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries tomcat4 - Java Servlet 2.3 engine with JSP 1.2 support jre1.1 - Blackdown Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE1.1) HappyTux:/home/stephen# dpkg -l jre1.1 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description +++-==============-==============-============================================ un jre1.1 <none> (no description available) HappyTux:/home/stephen#
But apt-get remove would also remove the links debian created in /etc/alternatives and you are all on your own to recreate those if you go javasoft.
Actually I've been using the javasoft version and it works great.
Have to ensure that PATH is set correctly.
How can I setup javasoft's version, especially the plugin part. I can run it as standalone but failed if work it as plugin both from Konqueror and Mozilla.
I did not manage to remove jre1.1. When I tried to apt-get remove jre1.1, it said package not found. I am using Knoppix 3.2.
To link jre to mozilla, create a symlink to lavaplugin_oji.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15
Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow
$155.00
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65