It could be because of a bad CD or bad memory (bad RAM). Try booting with "knoppix testcd" to check your CD.
You test your RAM with memtest86.
Hi, I have a strange problem with some apps just dying at seemingly random points. Mozilla and Konqueror are the two I remember doing it, maybe some other apps I'm not sure. Usually what happens is that I will click a link on a web page, the CD will start spinning up, and then the whole app disappears almost instantly. I then have to restart it, and the history, prefs, are gone. This will happen at least a few times an hour, way too much. It doesn't seem to have a definite pattern, although sometimes I discover a link that will crash whenever I click it (the Kylix OE thread here did that in Moz). Oh, and it's happened with earlier versions of Knoppix as well. Any ideas?
Dell Inspion 4000
Knoppix 2003-06-06EN
256MB ram
Celeron 800
It could be because of a bad CD or bad memory (bad RAM). Try booting with "knoppix testcd" to check your CD.
You test your RAM with memtest86.
I started Mozilla from the console and was able to make it crash. The error displayed was "Bus error".

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99