look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
How to remove the Blackdown Java from Knoppix?
I want to use the one from javasoft.
look under /etc/alternatives, that is how debian handle these things. I am struggling with this too.
Can I do something like apt-get remove......
Therefore it should be jre1.1 on my system if the same on your system then apt-get remove jre1.1.Code:HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache search jre docbook-xml-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl-stylesheets - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. docbook-jrefentry - DocBook XML JRefEntry DTD docbook-xsl - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO. libtomcat4-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries tomcat4 - Java Servlet 2.3 engine with JSP 1.2 support jre1.1 - Blackdown Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE1.1) HappyTux:/home/stephen# dpkg -l jre1.1 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description +++-==============-==============-============================================ un jre1.1 <none> (no description available) HappyTux:/home/stephen#
But apt-get remove would also remove the links debian created in /etc/alternatives and you are all on your own to recreate those if you go javasoft.
Actually I've been using the javasoft version and it works great.
Have to ensure that PATH is set correctly.
How can I setup javasoft's version, especially the plugin part. I can run it as standalone but failed if work it as plugin both from Konqueror and Mozilla.
I did not manage to remove jre1.1. When I tried to apt-get remove jre1.1, it said package not found. I am using Knoppix 3.2.
To link jre to mozilla, create a symlink to lavaplugin_oji.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
AMD Ryzen 5 8400F 4.2GHz 6-Core/ 12-Threads Socket AM5 65W Processor
$129.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel Core I5 12400F CPU FOR PARTS As-Is
$39.99
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99