Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Some apps (moz,konq...) die randomly

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Some apps (moz,konq...) die randomly

    Hi, I have a strange problem with some apps just dying at seemingly random points. Mozilla and Konqueror are the two I remember doing it, maybe some other apps I'm not sure. Usually what happens is that I will click a link on a web page, the CD will start spinning up, and then the whole app disappears almost instantly. I then have to restart it, and the history, prefs, are gone. This will happen at least a few times an hour, way too much. It doesn't seem to have a definite pattern, although sometimes I discover a link that will crash whenever I click it (the Kylix OE thread here did that in Moz). Oh, and it's happened with earlier versions of Knoppix as well. Any ideas?


    Dell Inspion 4000
    Knoppix 2003-06-06EN
    256MB ram
    Celeron 800

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Some apps (moz,konq...) die randomly

    It could be because of a bad CD or bad memory (bad RAM). Try booting with "knoppix testcd" to check your CD.

    You test your RAM with memtest86.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    I started Mozilla from the console and was able to make it crash. The error displayed was "Bus error".

Similar Threads

  1. doesnt' always boot, locks up randomly
    By black_out in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
  2. Randomly working network
    By Zalminen in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 11:21 AM
  3. Laptop seemingly randomly shuts it self off...
    By Killerah in forum Laptops
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 05:32 AM
  4. How Can I Enable Background Music in Websites Using Konq.?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:31 PM
  5. CDROM randomly not being detected
    By Rockstar in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 05:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01