-

Originally Posted by
columba
Is there a current changelog for Knoppix?
Hi columba and welcome to the Knoppix forums.
I guess no one here knows of one. I guess you tried the official Knoppix site http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html and found none. I didn't but there is a list of contents of CD and DVD there.
Each package has a change log but you have to get the source package to get to the change log and I don't know if they would tell you very much.
Knoppix packages come from serveral Debian repositories but I haven't yet found an easy way of back tracking from install package version numbers to the repository they came from. Of course, the repositories move on, particularly the testing, unstable and experimental so there is no guarantee the right source package version is still available.
The release notes say:
High compatibility with its Debian base: Aside from configuration files, nothing gets changed in Debians standard installation.
To find out which packages are Knoppix specific, look for those with the -knoppix suffix to the package name (or the adriane- prefix if you're using that Adriane). To find out which packages have been modified for Knoppix, look for those with a knoppix suffix to the package version.
I'm sorry this does not really answer your question but hopefully it hints at how to satisfy your curiosity.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micron 64GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2933Y 288-Pin DIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-2G9E1UI
$300.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98