-
Change keyboard permanetly
Hi I'm setting every thing on a HD install to then make a custom CD
I whant to set my Keyb to ES but I don't know how.
I have tried
adding setxkbmap es
to the rc.local file
changing
XKBLAYOUT="us"
to
XKBLAYOUT="es"
in /etc/default/keyboard
But it not just doesn't work it gets back to
XKBLAYOUT="us"
after booting even if change the permissions to executable and read but not write for every user (owner included).
Any suggestions???
Thanks a lot
-
With the CD, Knoppix is booted using files in a directory named /boot/isolinux. The boot commands and their options are specified in the file named isolinux.cfg. Your remastering will have a copy of this file. You need to change it. Something like:
Code:
sed -e 's/lang=en/lang=es/' -i isolinux.cfg
should do the trick. That will pick up whatever KK thinks is good for Spain. Where are you ? I know there are a great many people who might want a Spanish keyboard layout but don't live in Spain (or California
).
Knoppix cheat codes over write certain files. It is a complex mechanism. I tried to describe how to customise this with a) cheat codes and b) without cheat codes in a general fashion but that, apparently, is too confusing. Seems people don't want to know, they just want answer.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08