-
mysql in remastered knoppix 6.4 CD
Hi, I'm trying to remaster a knoppix 6.4 CD by installing some extra packets. One of them is mysql-server. I do it with #apt-get install mysql-server and everything seems ok. During installations mysql asks me root password and y type it.
The problem is when I try to enter in mysql mode
#mysql -u root -p
and gives me this error message:
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I've tried without any password (installing proccess) as well, but there is no way to connect.
I see DVD 6.4 version has already mysql installed and working and may be I will use it, but it would be better CD version because of its size.
Thanks for your tips.
-
... just tested in a HD-installation of Knoppix 6.4.4 - and it works without any problem.
Be aware user "root" of mysql is not "root" of Knoppix! You can find the encrypted password of the mysql users in '/etc/mysql/debian.cnf'
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
-
... now I tested it within chroot and starting the remastered Knoppix - here you are right, it does not work.
I'll have a look for this problem today in the evening. Thank you for the hint, having problems with remastering.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$600.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Samsung 4 x 32GB DDR4 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-R RDIMM Server Memory M378A4G43MB1-CTD
$579.99

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$160.00