-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
FlameWeasel
I love Knoppix, I really do, but there is one and only one thing that royally pisses me off about it: the X11 server crashes from time to time (from memory leaks, code pages getting corrupted, and other miscellaneous problems), and when that happens, instead of returning to init level 2 and a nice little bash prompt, the machine usually shuts down completely. Why? Because the startx script assumes that when the X11 server exits, the user meant for this to happen, and it simply falls through and goes into the shutdown sequence.
I am not sure your version is the same as mine. I too find it irritating and more so at one point in time, I liked to experiment with newer X drivers and libraries.
Eventually what happened was that I modified /etc/init.d/knoppix-startx, towards the end, I commented all the lines after the comment 'Shutdown/Reboot after X-session'. That put a stop to this rather knoppix-ish behaviour.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00