-

Originally Posted by
Forester
Oh. That's what that's for. For me ctrl+alt+F1 works and has always worked. I use it lots under Debian and it's fine too under Knoppix.
Hmm - It hasn't worked for me since version 5. On multiple machines, also. With various keyboards, displays, etc.
You have a hard drive installation. You have a persistent store. When you installed Knoppix 6.4.4. you kept your old persistent store that you've been using for years. Thus you've carried forward the same
xorg.conf file from release to release. It has got some retro stuff in there that it should not.
Try moving your
xorg.conf to one side and copying over the original from the 6.4.4 distribution. Reboot and see if that makes a difference.
I guess it's worth a try, but I'm still using the version I started with when I found that 5.0 wasn't the latest, i.e. 6.2.0. I did move it from my laptop to this machine...
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97