-
Senior Member
registered user
@Krishna
Thanks for the run-down on your setup. I am interested
in comparing the efficacy of the poor-man's-boot-the-iso-on-an-HDD
approach and the LiveUSB approach.
I guess it comes down to the transfer rates of each.
Didn't someone make that comparison sometime in the recent past?
In my three pc set-ups, each have both Windows and Linux OS's.
I strictly observe not writing across partitions from one fully
functional OS to another if the filesystems are different.
The hazard of needing to re-install an OS is what I hope to avoid,
not 'data loss', per se.
I favor my Win7 pc which, thanks to the OEM, allows me to select what
to boot-from among the choices of HDD, CD/DVD or USB media, each choice
being allowed to define its own boot process. I've never found a
friendlier 'multi-booting' scheme than this.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99