-
If the answer is yes, but you don't actually create a persistent store does that mean that all changes are lost at the end of the session as with the LiveCD ?
Yes - if you want that capability, it has to be set up to do it. I use Knoppix 6 from a hard drive, very similar to a "poor man's install", though it's actually done with the "flash install" routine. Since I created an encrypted persistent store, I am prompted for the password on boot, and if I don't supply it, I get a "vanilla" Knoppix system without any downloaded programs or recent system state information. That way, I can check my recollection of what things are like for newbs, e.g. where to find things I have eliminated or moved, etc.
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3
$89.99

Lot of 6 Micron MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2F1 16GB 1Rx8PC4-3200AA-SA2-13 Laptop Memory RAM
$300.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

VisionTek 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop RAM 260-Pin DDR4-3200
$240.00

HP Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 RAM 3733MHz HP37D4U1S8ME-16XR
$79.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 - Tested
$69.95