-
Administrator
Site Admin-
DSL is based on a very very very old version of Knoppix, and as far as I know it has been abandoned. So your best advice might be to abandon it also, or post what you are hoping to accomplish with it and perhaps get better suggestions for other distros that are still supported that will do what you hope.
I know nothing about the boot tool that you are using, so can't help you there and that might be a good place to start. However, the error "Dropping you to a (very limited) shell." is very familiar, and I most ofter associate it with someone who has burnt the CD or DVD at high speed. I wish this wasn't the case, and at first I didn't believe it, but it is very important to burn a disc at low speed. I suggest no more than 4x.
This error could also be caused by lack of hardware support. For example, when DSL was made there were only IDE drives, no SATA drives. If you are trying to boot the disc from an SATA drive you might well be running into problems with the Linux kernel unable to find the SATA drive during the boot process. This takes us back to the first issue that I mentioned above.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99