-

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
I tried to register on the damn small linux forum but the activation link doesn't work and I saw a link to this forum on the DSL page so here I am.
I got a little issue with DSL 4.4.10 and since it is based on Debian and KNOPPIX and the issue is KNOPPIX related I hope that you can help me.
DSL is dormant. It did not make the leap to Knoppix 6. I surmise that the version you have is based on Knoppix 5. I don't expect many on this forum can remember Knoppix 5.
I don't think your issue is Knoppix related or that anyone can help you ....

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
I made a multiboot dvd with the program easyboot and added various linux distro's but because of that I had to rename folders and I renamed the folder "KNOPPIX" from the Damn small linux distro into "DSLINUX" but I forgot to change the value knoppix_folder in the minirt24 file to dslinux.
I surmise your need to rename directories is because you want Knoppix and DSL on your multiboot DVD.
Perhaps you should make good your lacuna in minirt24 and try again.

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
The problem is that DSL searches for the knoppix file in the KNOPPIX folder but was renamed to DSLINUX and what I want to do is that DSL looks for the knoppix file in the folder called DSLINUX.
The problem is that you read what you expect to read, not what is written.
The cheat code you quote is knoppix_dir= but you type knoppix_folder= consistently.

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
The problem is that I don't know much about gnu/linux so I don't know how to write a command which will work.
A entirely different but equally self-evident problem.

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
but this doesn't work since I don't know how to define the root properly (the root should be the DVD drive).
Knoppix and, by inference, DSL don't need a root=. Try without. If root= is an easyboot thing then sr0 might work. Knoppix 5 and, by interfence, DSL 4.4 don't do sr0: they do hda, hdb, hdc and hdd but it should try them all and find the KNOPPIX image provided it looks in the right directory. If you have real trouble then I think the cheat code to use is fromhd=

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
I hope you understand what I want.
No comment.

Originally Posted by
AltairAC
Regards and thanks in advance.
You're welcome.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive β Latest September 2026
$12.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS β Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99