-
No sound with ASUS W90VP
Please pardon if this has been answered before, I have not found any other relevant information in this forum, so here goes:
I have had knoppix 6.4 (I am unable to provide exact version, I am not yet that familiar with the system) for about a week now, and have been able to install and boot to/from USB, and have pretty much everything working... except sound. I have seen other posts that ask what I see when running "alsamixer" from a terminal window... If it helps, I get a rudimentary graphical display for a mixer. It shows me information such as sound card, chipset, and input/output levels. No matter what adjustments I make to the levels, No sound gets pushed through the speakers. Headphones/headset return no sound either. I do not know what other information I can provide, but given questions, I can answer them.
Thank you for your time.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72