-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing additional software
Excuse my noobie question...
I've been messing with knoppix for a few days. I would like to install this one piece of software (java-based client for the Kiseido Go Server).
It comes as a .rpm file. The KPackage program tries to install it, but fails.
Now, as I understand it, it fails because it tries to install it into the knoppix cdrom, which it can't do...
What's the best way to get around this? I have a 2nd hard drive with 2GB which I'm trying to set up as a persistent home directory. Should I be able to install it in there somehow?
Similar Threads
-
By dale-s in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By bilal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:29 AM
-
By drenmi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:16 PM
-
By nd_z in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM
-
By joe56 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Lot 6 Vintage PCI AGP Cards GeForce 256 SiS 6326 Ultra66 SATA RAID FireWire
$134.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00