Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Licences

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Question Licences

    I'm sorry to ask this. I bet someone asked this before... a lot of times.
    My company uses mostly Microsoft software - I would like to change that. To me, as a minor TI Tech is important to use Knoppix to assist me on rescuing data from HD. What I need to know, for sure, is if I would get myself in trouble about Knoppix Licences. I know it's free, but... May I use it in my company?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    You are free to use it however you want. Personally, in a business, make something (such as a kiosk) with it inside, give it away, even sell it.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... have a look at KNOPPIX Information =>
    What license does the KNOPPIX-CD use?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Ok. Thank you guys.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Hi, hope you will be fine. I was wondering that why you are thinking about replacement of Microsoft
    Software. I know that the these ones are most reliable. The other option is about the custom software. Would
    you like to adopt them. I'll be waiting for your reply. regards

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2680 V4 = 28 Cores H730 64GB RAM 4x 1TB SAS picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2680 V4 = 28 Cores H730 64GB RAM 4x 1TB SAS

$1071.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99