-
Cursor Size
Not sure this is the right place to ask this. I am using Knoppix 6.4.4 and love it. However, the default cursor is horrid, much too small, so I installed another one but it will not work? I have also tried CompizConfig and set the size of the chosen cursor to 50 but nothing. Any ideas? Or will this be sorted out in 6.5? Thanks a lot.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, jacksbutler.
In my case /etc/alternatives/xcursor-theme points to /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme. My /etc/X11/cursors/ has three other choices.
I could, in principle, change the /etc/X11/cursors/'link' to one of the others.
I haven't tried it, but you can, by deleting the current 'link' and doing an ln -s
operation to select one of the other styles.
Let us know how you make out.
-
Hi there and thanks for the reply but have no idea what you mean. I don't seem to have /etc/alternatives anywhere? etc/X11/cursors has way more than 3 other choices. Sorry to be so useless.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings again,
My install only shows four choices in /etc/X11/cursors/.
These are core.theme, handhelds.theme, redglass.theme and whiteglass.theme. Could by my choices are so few because
(1) mine is a LiveUSB made from the LiveCD, and
(2) I use a no3d default to disable Compiz.
If I look at /etc/alternatives, I see my default cursor is set to core.theme.
I can change it to whiteglass.theme as follows:
cd /etc/alternatives
sudo su
rm x-cursor-theme
ln -s /etc/X11/cursors/whiteglass.theme x-cursor-theme
You may see some change right-away here, depending on what you have on your desktop, but to get the full effect, I had to do a full re-boot.
To change back to core.theme, I would just do this:
cd /etc/alternatives
sudo su
rm x-cursor-theme
ln -s /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme x-cursor-theme
and re-boot, of course.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$199.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99