-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings again,
My install only shows four choices in /etc/X11/cursors/.
These are core.theme, handhelds.theme, redglass.theme and whiteglass.theme. Could by my choices are so few because
(1) mine is a LiveUSB made from the LiveCD, and
(2) I use a no3d default to disable Compiz.
If I look at /etc/alternatives, I see my default cursor is set to core.theme.
I can change it to whiteglass.theme as follows:
cd /etc/alternatives
sudo su
rm x-cursor-theme
ln -s /etc/X11/cursors/whiteglass.theme x-cursor-theme
You may see some change right-away here, depending on what you have on your desktop, but to get the full effect, I had to do a full re-boot.
To change back to core.theme, I would just do this:
cd /etc/alternatives
sudo su
rm x-cursor-theme
ln -s /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme x-cursor-theme
and re-boot, of course.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2697v2 ( E5-2697 v2) SR19H - 2.7GHz 12 Core LGA2011
$35.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00