-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know enough, so I use poor man's install instead

Originally Posted by
Linuxfan69
Hallo Knoppix Experts!
My HD installations of Knoppix 6.4.3 always ended after hours or days by
stopping boot sequence after hardware recognition and starting shutdown
F12 syslog dämon tells us:
Microknoppix Network Manager 2877 Warn blue error getting default adapter
The name org-bluez was not provided by any service files
Trying to start the supplicant
At this moment shutdown is initiated
Has anybody ideas how to find and eliminate the cause of this
disturbing bug?
Has anybody made similar experiences with HD installations of
Knoppix 6.x.x ?
Grateful for even a tiny hint, where troubleshooting might begin
or what else could be done
Linuxfan69
I have NEVER had any problems of this kind, whatsoever, with HD installs of Knoppix 6.x.x. But then, I have never attempted full, ordinary installs, I have only used the hard disk the same way as a USB stick, i.e.poor man's install. Why? Because I wantto use tools as they are designed to be used. And Knoppix is not designed for ordinary HD installs - it may be getting closer to that over time, but there is still quite some distance to go.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30