-
Can't access anything
I'm trying to access my Windows Vista files after the operating system crashed. I'm assuming they're located on dev/sda1, but whenever I look at that partition in GParted, it says it's unmounted. I've tried various commands to mount it (not knowing what the heck I was doing any of the time), but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas? I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to do this unassisted.
-
... use PCManFM. PCManFM is the second icon from left.
You can mount the partitions of Windows by clicking at the entries in the left panel of the filemanager.
For drag and drop operations open two instances of the filemanager.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
-
There are two problems. One, there is no icon for PCManFM that I can see. I looked everywhere for it, but I couldn't find anything. The bigger problem is that dev/sda1 doesn't show up at all in the file manager. The only place I can see it is in the partition manager. It has a black square next to it and under the type column, it says "unknown".
-
... if you are using an up-to-date Knoppix (Knoppix 6.4.4) then the filemanager is the PCManFM.
The only place I can see it is in the partition manager. It has a black square next to it and under the type column, it says "unknown".
In this case you can try to restore some thing with "TestDisk" (on the Knoppix CD).
Be aware, it is a dangerous tool, not for beginners! Read all the documentations at the authors side
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$180.00

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$250.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 64GB Kit 4x16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 SODIMM RAM M471A2K43DB1-CTD
$334.99

Samsung 160GB Kit 10x16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 SODIMM RAM M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$839.99

Lot of 10 Samsung M471A2K43DB1-CWE 16GB DDR4 PC4-3200AA 2Rx8 Laptop SODIMM RAM
$889.99

(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM
$180.00

(LOT OF 18) Hynix 8GB PC3-10600R DDR3-1333 Shielded RDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory
$144.00