Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

    I was trying to burn a cd. I get all the way to where I add files to be burned. I go to pick a device and there are none there. I try to setup the device and then it tries to make the cange to /etc/fstab. This is where I get the above error.

    Here is output from fstab:

    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/auto/floppy auto user,noauto,exec,umask=000 0 0
    /dev/cdrom /mnt/auto/cdrom auto user,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb5 /mnt/hdb5 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb7 /mnt/hdb7 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto noauto,users,exec 0 0

    /dev/scd0 /mnt/auto/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

    How do I get around this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Sounds like you're using K3b. Don't let it configure your fstab- in my experience it will just wreck it. Look at this thread

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    I looked at that post. Trouble it, I go to configure and then devices. There are no devices there. I try to add the one I want and it tells me there is no device there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

    Quote Originally Posted by milne

    /dev/scd0 /mnt/auto/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

    How do I get around this?
    Change it to :
    Code:
    /dev/scd0       /cdrom     iso9660    ro,noauto,user     0 0

Similar Threads

  1. mount point cdrom resolved
    By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 11:07 AM
  2. Auto Mount?
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:04 AM
  3. problems with create auto mounted file systems
    By Reven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:13 AM
  4. Why Knoppix is auto create the /etc/fstab in every boot ???
    By fowlertrainer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. Auto Mount after booting from CD
    By mahdi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa  Power Nozzle Head Assembly. picture

Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa Power Nozzle Head Assembly.

$39.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00