-
Senior Member
registered user
Whatever became of .bashrc and syslog, anyway?
.
I've added two files to my .bashrc:
alias sl-start="less /var/log/syslog|grep restart|cut -d ' ' -f3"
alias sl-stop="less /var/log/syslog|grep renewal|cut -d ' ' -f3"
Now, after I've got on-line, I can check how long it took.
Using my trusty LXterminal, I get...
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ sl-stop; sl-start
11:20:47
11:19:56
So I think it's handy to resurrect these two capbilities;
they weren't in my standard issue Knoppix 6.4.4 LiveCD.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00