Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New, sleep, time, flash, help!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    New, sleep, time, flash, help!

    I have used Linux for several years, mostly Mepis and PCLinuxOS, but new to Knoppix.

    Poor Man’s/frugal install of 6.4.4.

    Working fine with persistent image but three nagging nitpicks.

    1. Monitor won’t go to sleep with Preferences > Power Management set. The setting is persistent but it doesn’t work. (Also drives don’t spin down but that doesn’t bother me.) I have a desktop -- perhaps this is only for laptops?

    2. Always boots up in UTC but this seems to be a known bug. /etc/localtime always has TZif2 that must be changed to TZ=EST (or whatever) followed by logout then time is correct.

    3. I tried to install flash with apt-get update, followed by apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. The installation stalled and failed near the end. When I try to repeat apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree it says flash is already installed. How can I delete the failure and start over? Or can I just copy the flash plugin from Mepis or PCLOS? Is the plugin kernel specific or is there any reason a copy from another Linux distro wouldn’t work?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    3. I tried to install flash with apt-get update, followed by apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. The installation stalled and failed near the end. When I try to repeat apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree it says flash is already installed. How can I delete the failure and start over?
    Did you try
    Code:
    apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Did you try
    Code:
    apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree
    That worked perfectly... once I realized I had to restart Iceweasel. Thank you very much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST picture

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST

$159.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98