Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: loss of window controls

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ railrider1972

    I think I would probably re-format the USB and start all over. Also,
    I'd advise you not to pull the USB while it is being accessed, and
    I'd advise you to make a tar.gz backup of KNOPPIX-DATA every once
    in a while in the future, while things are still working ok.

    I think I've read that pulling a USB when it's in a read or write process
    can cause some real problems with the data on the USB.

    If your back-up was made after the problem arose, I expect it may not be
    any help in getting things going. It may be bad for a number of reasons.

    Sorry to be so pessimistic. Maybe Klaus2008 can give you better news.

  2. #2
    Thanks for the advice. I though i'd have to reformat the drive. I also heard the same thing about USB drives. fortunately, I checked the improtant data in the IMG file and it is unharmed.

    By the way, I can find the CD version of 6.4.4, but can't find the DVD version. Does anyone know if it is out yet, and if so, where to download it?

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    A server in Germany is

    http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/mirrors/knoppix-dvd/

    You cannot download DVD 6.5; it is special edition sponsored by a Linux magazine.
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-28-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned picture

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned

$149.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



LOT OF 6 SK hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P Server Memory RAM picture

LOT OF 6 SK hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P Server Memory RAM

$300.00



Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y picture

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y

$270.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98