enable incoming connections on you X11
then in your chroot do:
export DISPLAY=":0"
and it will work![]()
I would like to be able to run X programs (e.g. synaptic) from my chrooted source directory and have them use the display of my host system. Can someone tell me what I need to do to make that happen. A recent post covered how to start kde from chroot using Xnest and that worked as advertized but its not what I need. I have started sshd on the chrooted system and used X forwarding via ssh but it seems there should be a simpler way. Sorry if this has been covered and I missed it.
enable incoming connections on you X11
then in your chroot do:
export DISPLAY=":0"
and it will work![]()
Thanx. That did the trick.![]()
It didn't work for me. I enabled x connections with xhost+ and it said clients could connect from anywhere but chroot still tells me can't connect to X server :0
How do I enable the connection?
It worked but I had to export my display to 127.0.0.1:0
thanks

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL “Powers On” Parts or Repair
$249.95
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00