Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
I use the knoppix 6.4.4 cd edition installed on usb stick.
When I run pm-suspend it correctly suspends, if I run /etc/acpi/suspend.sh it correctly suspends but when I close my laptop's lid it doesn't work.
any suggestions?
Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
It works, thank you![]()
When running with an external monitor (like I do almost all the time), you don't want it to suspend when you close the lid - so I don't think this default should be called a bug.

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00