Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: not suspending on lid close

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123

    not suspending on lid close

    I use the knoppix 6.4.4 cd edition installed on usb stick.
    When I run pm-suspend it correctly suspends, if I run /etc/acpi/suspend.sh it correctly suspends but when I close my laptop's lid it doesn't work.

    any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Take a look at this file :-

    /etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
    Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
    If it has been commented, uncomment it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    It works, thank you

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    When running with an external monitor (like I do almost all the time), you don't want it to suspend when you close the lid - so I don't think this default should be called a bug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98