Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
I use the knoppix 6.4.4 cd edition installed on usb stick.
When I run pm-suspend it correctly suspends, if I run /etc/acpi/suspend.sh it correctly suspends but when I close my laptop's lid it doesn't work.
any suggestions?
Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
It works, thank you![]()
When running with an external monitor (like I do almost all the time), you don't want it to suspend when you close the lid - so I don't think this default should be called a bug.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1400.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory
$199.95