-
Kiosk Knoppix for public libraries.
I am the systems administrator for all seven libraries in my parish here in Louisiana, and I think it would be great to remaster Knoppix into a kiosk version with basically a web browser, educational software, and a word processor to roll out on public access machines. I would want to remaster it without all of the network tools that could be dangerous if they fell into the wrong patron's hands, and remove unnessicary programs. I could save the IP addresses and printer settings on a floppy, and have self contained (patron proof) public workstation.
Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone know of a remastered version of Knoppix that is setup in a configuration like this for general public use. If not, I might give this a try and pass it on to others that could get some use out of this too.
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 250
Last Post: 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 12:31 PM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread CPU Processor
$380.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99