-
Senior Member
registered user
Works for me in a Knoppix variant

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
I don't see any reference to one of my favorite modes (from earlier versions), the virtual terminals. I offer the following in case it helps - you can reach those terminals by giving the command (in a terminal as you seem to be doing):
I used to reach them by hitting ctrl-alt-F1 but that doesn't work for me any more. I do hope it helps -
It works for me in the hybrid (arch=x86_64) 64-bits Knoppix 6.4.4/Debian 6.0.1 full HD install that I'm running right now (assembling for later remastering):
ctrl-alt-F1: Gets me a console
ctrl-alt-F5: Returns me to X
The init parameters I currently use:
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
root=/dev/sda3 rootwait lang=us apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime loglevel=1 ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en keyboard=no nosound vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq loglevel=1 tz=localtime rw
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99